Here at LockShop Direct, we supply a wide range of affordable letterplates, which are guaranteed to meet and exceed your unique requirements. When choosing a Letter Plate for UPVC Door, look no further than our extensive collection below!
Design of the Letterbox for UPVC Door
The UPVC Letterbox that we supply is designed specifically to provide an incredible external weather seal and an internal seal to protect the home from outside elements. The internal brushes reduce heat loss while the external foam seal prevents weather ingress. Our UPVC Letterplates are priced suitably to provide you with great value for your money but as well as this, they ensure that your home is secure.
Simplicity of the Letterplate
In terms of operation, you cannot go wrong with the Letter Plate for UPVC Door; the external and internal thumb handles make it simple to open the flaps. Any Letterbox for UPVC Door has sprung flaps which have a very high endurance rate.
Our letterboxes have taken care of a lot of people and their valuables, providing a sense of safety and security. Fitting a UPVC Letterbox can provide you with the assurance that your property is protected and secure, preventing intruders from breaking an entry and intercepting your confidential mail.
Although the Letterbox for UPVC Doors is a traditional addition to make to any property, there’s no reason why it can’t make a contemporary statement.
How to measure a UPVC Letterplate?
- Remove the letterbox from the top side
- Measure the height and length of the current letterbox and record the measurements
- Then measure the width of the Letter Plate for UPVC Door
- Purchase the UPVC Letterbox with the closest measurements to the ones that you recorded.
Installing a Letterbox for UPVC Doors
Choosing to install a Letterbox for UPVC Door will make things a whole lot more convenient for you come winter! The UPVC Letterplate is fitted to your door, meaning that your mail can be delivered right to your doorstep.
Seemingly the process of installation can be challenging, however, this needn’t be the case because with a little know-how and preparation, you will be doing it fast and like an expert!
Unlike wooden doors, the UPVC doors come with an aperture that is ready to fit a letterplate. It is not advisable to cut your own letterbox into a UPVC door, but you can effectively replace or fit a letterplate in a UPVC door by following the guidelines below:
- Measure the gap in your door and then compare with the internal sizes of your Letter Plate for UPVC Door to guarantee a perfect fit.
- If you are replacing the letterbox, you need to make sure you measure the postal slot and then compare the sizes with your new UPVC Letterbox.
- Measure your door’s thickness to make sure you select the right letterplate width.
- Remove the existing letterbox using a Philips screwdriver
- Align the screws and then screw the new Letter Plate for UPVC Door into place.
Though installing a letterplate is not as complicated as it may seem, it requires skill, accuracy and the appropriate tools, including the following:
- Electric sander
- Jigsaw blade
- Medium-coarse sandpaper
- Power drill and drill bit
- Safety glasses
- Spirit level
- Tape measure
Do not force anything or risk damaging the door; make sure that you take safety into consideration and wear goggles to protect your eyes from the flying bits of wood. Remember to take your time to make sure that the UPVC Letterbox functions effectively.
Find out more by calling us on 0845 830 0832 today!