Nightlatches are a common locking product found mainly on residential front doors. They ordinarily feature a single sprung latch locking point which engages automatically when the door is shut, securing the property.
These ERA 1630 deadocking nightlatches are suitable for doors between 35mm and 60mm thick. The modern styling and solid contruction have helped make this a popular nightlatch. A 5 pin rim cylinder and 3 keys come supplied as well as all fixings. This night latch features simple operation, 60mm backset and is designed to replace existing nightlatches and rim locks.
This nightlatch features a means of mechanical holdback which allows the sprung latch bolt to be physically retained within the body of the nightlatch. When this feature is activated, the latch will not engage when the door closes, therefore the door will not be secured. It is important to consider if this is a feature that is desirable for the application in question as in some circumstances the possibility of the door not being secured may cause issues. Also, some mechanical holdback devices also allow the latch to be secured in the locked position preventing access even when a key is used from outside deadlocking the door. It should also be considered if this is suitable for the application.
Key operated from outside and lever operated inside.
- Key operation from the outside
- Lever handle operation from the inside
- Snib function can hold the latch in withdrawn position
- Option of deadlocking or non deadlocking facility on the external cylinder
- Backset: 60mm
- Case width: 86mm
- Case height: 80mm
- Bolt length: 14mm
- Max door thickness: 35-60mm
- Specially designed to replace existing nightlatches and rim lock
- 5 pin cylinder included
- Supplied with 3 keys
- Boxed versions available in singles and 12 in an outer box
- Visi packed versions available in singles and 5 in an outer box