Nightlatches are a common locking product found mainly on residential front doors. They ordinarily feature a single sprung latch locking point which engages automatically when the door is shut, securing the property.
ERA 1930 British Standard High Security nightlatches offer insurance rated security where a BS mortice lock cannot be fitted or where additional security is required. These Era nightlatches are kitemarked to BS3621:2007 and have been approved by 'Secured by Design'. The nightlatch comes with a 6 pin cylinder with 3 keys and a security escutcheon with finger pull.
This nightlatch conforms to British Standard, meaning it satisfies the requirements of the relevant standard pertaining to security. This standard will either be, BS 3261 (for key operated egress) BS 8621 (For keyless egress) or BS 10621 (For keyless egress which can be disabled by a positive action from outside). As well as ensuring a tested resistance to attack, British Standard products are often needed to satisfy the requirements of an insurers policy stipulations. These stipulations vary, and consideration should be given to the requirements of the specific application.
Latch automatically deadlocks on closing the door and the internal handle can be locked for increased security. Key operation from outside and small lever handle operates the latch from inside.
- Backset: 60mm
- Case width: 90mm
- Case height: 86mm
- Bolt length: 21mm
- Max door thickness: 57mm
- Kitemarked to BS 3621:2004
- Approved by Secured by Design
- Latch automatically deadlocks on closing the door
- Key operation from the outside
- Key and lever handle operation from the inside
- Internal handle can be locked for increased security
- Black snib function allows the latch to be held back
- 6 pin cylinder included
- Replacement cylinders and electric releases are available for ERA BS nightlatches but replacing them will invalidate the lock's compliance with BS3621:2004
- Cylinders are protected by a security escutcheon with integrated finger pull
- Supplied with 3 keys
- Bolt can be held back by use of the snib. The internal handle can be locked by the key
- Boxed nightlatches available in singles and 10 in an outer box
- Visi packed nightlatches available in singles and 2 in an outer box