Please note that new Maco gearboxes cannot be retrofitted to old locks.
Maco Protect C-TS locks have a distinctive rounded shape to both the main gearbox and the hook boxes. The main gearbox corner, next to the euro cut out is particularly rounded.
Measuring 202mm high, they are one of the smaller gearboxes on the market. They also feature a distinctive "soft" latch, which appears to be split in half. It's worth noting that Maco offers different variants of these latches, so this latch is not conclusive when identifying this lock.
Both the latch and deadbolt on these locks measure 30mm high, with 55mm between them. They are held onto the faceplate with 3 screws. The top screw to the centre measures 102mm and the centre screw to the bottom screw measures 110mm.
When measuring the backset, allow 2-3mm for the faceplate, so a 35mm backset gearbox will measure 32mm when not fixed to the strip.
If your lock looks like a C-TS but has the top corner of the gearbox missing, its probably a A-TS version, which is automatic locking. We stock replacement locks for Maco A-TS locks.
We stock a range of associated products for Maco C-TS gearboxes, including multipoint door locks, keeps, spindles, handles and accessories.
Note: When using the split spindle the male spindle must be on the inside and the female spindle on the outside. Also, the screw holes are unthreaded so the use of self-tapping screws is required.
Operation: Lift lever or split spindle
Latch reversal: Push up the serrated button on the side of the case, remove the latch, reverse and reinsert.
To lock the door
1. On closing the door, the latch is automatically engaged.
2. Lift the handle up to engage the additional locking points.
3. Throw the deadbolt and lock the system by turning the key (on some brands, the deadbolt will be thrown by lifting the handle).
To unlock the door
1. Unlock the system by turning the key.
2. Push the handle downwards to disengage the locking points.
3. A further quarter turn of the key will retract the latch.