Nightlatches are a common locking product found mainly on residential front doors. They ordinarily feature a single sprung latch locking point which engages automatically when the door is shut, securing the property
These 40mm modern Yale nightlatches are a common sight throughout the UK and have been on the market for many years. This small backset version is specifically designed for doors with narrow stiles which can not accept the larger 60mm backset size of standard nightlatches.
Part of the Yale modern nightlatch range this nightlatch features a more contemporary styling and appointments, and the neutral styling is suited to most homes.
These deadlocking units come with a Yale 5 pin rim cylinder and 2 keys, or can be supplied in a range of finshes. A case only version is available if no cylinder is required (grey finish only).
This nightlatch features a means of mechanical holdback which allows the sprung latch bolt to be physically retained within the body of the nightlatch. When this feature is activated, the latch will not engage when the door closes, therefore the door will not be secured. It is important to consider if this is a feature that is desirable for the application in question as in some circumstances the possibility of the door not being secured may cause issues. Also, some mechanical holdback devices also allow the latch to be secured in the locked position preventing access even when a key is used from outside deadlocking the door. It should also be considered if this is suitable for the application.
This is a deadlocking nightlatch and offers the ability to use the key from the outside to deadlock the door once shut. When deadlocked, the internal handle will not operate. This offers additional security from intruders who may attempt to manipulate the inside handle via the letterbox, or through open or broken windows.
Key operated from the outside and a thumb turn operation from the inside.
- Key operation from the outside
- Lever handle operation from the inside
- Deadlock by reverse turn of the key in outside cylinder. Both the key and handle are deadlocked
- Snib function can hold the latch in locked or withdrawn position
- Backset: 40mm
- Case width: 60mm
- Case height: 68mm
- Bolt length: 16mm
- Max door thickness: 35-60mm
- 5 pin cylinder included
- Replacement cylinders are available
- Supplied with 2 keys
- Not recommended for single door entry residencies
- Can be used on outward opening doors in conjunction with long or short tongue reverse strike plates, reversible inhouse or on site
- Boxed versions available in singles and 20 in an outer box
- Visi packed versions available in singles and 5 in an outer box