This Yale G2000 series gearbox is designed to be used with Yale cylinders ONLY - Iseo and ERA cylinders DO NOT work with this lock.
These gearboxes feature a snib which is turned by a cam when the key is opened. Yale advises the use of Yale cylinders as they feature a significantly larger cam.
The Yale G2000 lock features a very distinctive layout where the hook is positioned above the latch. Yale no longer makes these locks so the best solution is often a replacement gearbox.
If you are replacing a gearbox, it is very likely that the gearbox fitted to your lock is yellow or gold in colour. The locks were originally made in yellow chromate, but replacements, whether genuine or copy, are all silver in colour.
G2000 gearboxes measure 194mm high by 52mm wide. The latch is 30mm high and there is 55mm from the top of the latch to the bottom of the hook.
We stock a range of associated products for Yale G2000 gearboxes, including multipoint door locks, keeps, spindles, handles and accessories.
Operation: Lift Lever or Double Spindle
Latch reversal: Undo the screw in the latch to remove it. Reverse, reinsert and replace the screw.
To lock the door
1. On closing the door, the latch is automatically engaged.
2. Lift the handle up to engage the additional locking points.
3. Throw the deadbolt and lock the system by turning the key (on some brands, the deadbolt will be thrown by lifting the handle).
To unlock the door
1. Unlock the system by turning the key.
2. Push the handle downwards to disengage the locking points.
3. A further quarter turn of the key will retract the latch.